Watch this short video to find out more about key area 2.3.2 Staff meaning conversations around books. This is part of our series of webinar shorts, 5 to 10 minute training videos focusing on each key area of the Reading Schools framework.
In a Reading School, staff should ensure they know about learners' interests and have regular conversations with learners about their personal reading.
As a learner's reading identity develops, it's important to capture their interests and help them on that journey of discovery. Interest-based conversations are crucial to ensure a learner is able to communicate the types of story they like, and can access guidance to find other stories to challenge and inspire them.
The webinar short and activities below provide examples and ideas to help you create a culture of openness and inclusion, where those conversations around books happen freely and in a meaningful way. You can adapt and change these activities and ideas to suit your setting, and the needs of your learners.
We have some great printable resources you might be interested in.
- (this will open in a new window)Reading Schools Door Sign
- (this will open in a new window)Ask me what I'm reading badges
- (this will open in a new window)Reading Schools Shelf Shouter
- (this will open in a new window)Reading Schools book club membership card
- (this will open in a new window)Reading Schools book review posters