This resource contains differentiated cross-curricular activities, primarily for secondary schools and adaptable to use as part of a whole school core book project involving ideas to support:
- Literacy and English
- Social Studies
- Expressive Arts (Drama and Art)
- Design and Technology
- Health and Wellbeing (Home Economics)
The content of Shaun Tan's book can be quite challenging, containing themes of forced migration, so any project work should be undertaken sensitively.
This resource relates directly to key area (this will open in a new window)2.2.2 Interdisciplinary book projects.
There are other interdisciplinary book project resources that you may also find of interest:
- Interdisciplinary book projects at Cathkin High School article
- Using Tidy by Emily Gravett for a cross-curricular book project
- Using The Hunger Games for a cross-curricular book project
- Using Journey for a cross-curricular book project
Back to resources