This resource supports and promotes the formation of your Reading Leadership Group, which is a key component to becoming a Reading School.
Watch this short video to find out more about key area 1.2.1 Reading leadership group. This is part of our series of webinar shorts, 5 to 10 minute training videos focusing on each key area of the Reading Schools framework.
The most crucial part of your Reading Schools journey is to form your leadership group; this group will lead the development of your reading activities and should have broad representation from across your school, including staff and learners. Once in place, your leadership group will actively steer your school through the accreditation process, gathering attitudes and opinions along the way to ensure activities are both engaging and accessible, while meeting the needs and interests of learners across the school.
There are other resources that you may also find of interest for this key area:
- (this will open in a new window)Webinar: Leadership of learning CLPL recording
- (this will open in a new window)Why you should include Reading Schools in your improvement plans article
- (this will open in a new window)Reading leadership group at Hillhead primary school article
- (this will open in a new window)Knightsridge Primary School Case Study
- (this will open in a new window)Attitude surveys
- (this will open in a new window)Self-evaluation template